April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) successfully demonstrated a new integrated fuel system for the company's extended range version of the Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW ER).
What does JSW stand for?
JSW stands for Joint Standoff Weapon
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JSW
We have 18 other meanings of JSW in our Acronym Attic
- Joint School Volunteers' Association (Hong Kong)
- Jersey Shore Volley Ball Association
- Jersey Shore Veterinary Emergency Service (Lakewood, NJ)
- Joint Scalable Video Model
- Japanese Society of Veterinary Science
- Japan Steel Works
- Jastrzebska Spolka Weglowa (Polish: Jastrzebska Coal Company; Poland)
- Jetta Sport Wagon (car)
- Jindal South West Holding Ltd (India steel company)
- Joint Space Width
- Journal of Social Work (Sage Publications)
- Jun Sky Walker (band; Japan)
- Japan Sewage Works Agency (est. 1972)
- Japan Sewage Works Association
- Japan Suika-Wari Association
- Joint Service Wide Area Detection
- Joint Services Wiring Action Group
- Jamaica Social Welfare Commission
- Japan Short Wave Club (Japan)
- Job Service Workforce Center (Montana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Raytheon, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defence and homeland security, said it has completed a fit check of the joint standoff weapon in the internal carriage bay of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) aircraft.
Navy completed a series of captive-flight tests on Raytheon Company's (NYSE: RTN) Joint Standoff Weapon C-1, putting the warfighter one step closer to gaining a net-enabled standoff weapon with moving maritime target capability.
That meant he oversaw the Tomahawk cruise missile, Joint Standoff Weapon and the Paveway Laser Guided Bomb.
Navy awarded Raytheon Company a $106 million USD contract for production of the Joint Standoff Weapon C-1.
Raytheon is still producing the AGM154 Joint Standoff Weapon, which according to its website,"is a family of low-cost, highly lethal weapons that can engage a wide spectrum of targets - from soft targets to hardened point targets - over a range of threat environments by using highly integrated Global Positioning System and Inertial Measurement System guidance.
Raytheon, together with the US Navy and Air Force, demonstrated a communication suite, featuring a weapon datalink and a new air-to-ground message set, that is designed to enhance the operation of Raytheon's Joint Standoff Weapon (Jsow).
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Joint Standoff Weapons (JSOW) Integrated Product Team The JSOW Integrated Product Team led an innovative best-practices acquisition strategy that reduced the JSOW-C weapon unit cost by 25 percent, saving the Navy $133.