6) As discussed earlier, the simulations for the states are correlated: the joint probability distribution of the 51 election outcomes includes uncertainty about the national swing as well as state-by-state fluctuations.
What does JPD stand for?
JPD stands for Joint Probability Distribution
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of JPD
We have 50 other meanings of JPD in our Acronym Attic
- Japan Process Development (est. 1967)
- Java Process Definition (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Jobs per Day
- Johnston Police Department (Johnston, RI, USA)
- Johnstown Police Department
- Joint Personnel Database
- Joint PhotoDefiner (lossy comression)
- Joint Planning Document
- Joint Potential Designator
- Joint Probability Density
- Joliet Police Department (Illinois, USA)
- Journal of Pedagogic Development (University of Bedforshire; UK)
- Junior Professional Development (program)
- Just Plain Dumb
- Juvenile Periodontitis
- Juvenile Probation Department
- Japan Package Design Association (est. 1960)
- Japan Petroleum Development Association (Tokyo, Japan)
- Java Platform Debugger Architecture (Sun)
- Jefferson Parish District Attorney (Louisiana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Determine a probability distribution for the total number of international trips selected from the July 2007 catalog by filling in the Joint Probability Distribution Table (Table 3) below.
1 Cryptographic Preliminaries The general protocol take place in a scenario where A, B and E know the correlated random variables X, Y, Z, respectively, distributed according to some joint probability distribution that may be under partial control of E (like for the case of quantum cryptography).
The resulting joint probability distribution between total number of trips and international selection rates would allow her to better estimate the range and likelihood of Euros needed in 2008.