The responsible drawdown of forces in Iraq had a ripple effect on the management of commodities across the Iraq joint operations area (IJOA).
What does JOA stand for?
JOA stands for Joint Operations Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JOA
We have 26 other meanings of JOA in our Acronym Attic
- Jeune Orchestre Atlantique
- Joan of Arc
- Joan of Arse (band)
- Jog Off Automatic (electric motors)
- Joint Objective Area
- Joint Occupancy Agreement
- Joint Operating Agreement
- Joint Operating Area
- Joint Operational Architecture
- Joint Operational Area (US DoD)
- Joint Ownership Agreement (various companies)
- Journal of Accountancy (AICPA publication)
- Journal of Algebra (Elsevier)
- Journal of Arthroplasty (Journal of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons)
- Judgement of Acquittal (law)
- Japan Organic Agriculture Association (est. 1971)
- Japan Origami Airplane Association
- Joint OPSEC Analysis Center
- Jongeren Animatie Club
- Journal of Agrarian Change
Samples in periodicals archive:
Over the next year, the USF-I J7 facilitated the monumental task of transitioning all remaining USF-I bases in the Iraq joint operations area (IJOA) while simultaneously supporting the USF-I commanding general's intent and operational maneuver.
We were by far the main hub of all ground movement in Iraq, supporting all other base closures in the Iraq Joint Operations Area up until two weeks before our closure, a challenging feat.
Balancing Class VII (end use items) requirements also provides an example of the careful supply synchronization planning essential across all levels of warfare and throughout the joint operations area.
Central Command directed the Afghanistan Combined Joint Operations Area be incorporated into this new command.
An FM will contain information that: * Is intended to apply to forces worldwide and is not limited to specific areas of responsibilities, joint operations areas, or countries.
Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD)-5 (1) Mission of the JFHQ-NCR and MDW The Joint Force Headquarters (JFHQ)-National Capital Region (NCR) plans, coordinates, maintains situational awareness and, when directed, employs forces for homeland defense and defense support to civil authorities in the NCR joint operations area to safeguard the Nation's capital.
Sea basing is the rapid deployment, assembly, command, projection, reconstitution, and reemployment of Joint combat power from the sea, while providing continuous support, sustainment, and force protection to select expeditionary Joint forces without reliance on land bases within the Joint operations area.