Representatives of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) interacted with members of the Joint Forest Management Committee and reviewed their work in Sikkim, which is known for its rich biodiversity.
What does JFM stand for?
JFM stands for Joint Forest Management (India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of JFM
We have 37 other meanings of JFM in our Acronym Attic
- Junior Football League of Northern Illinois
- Jason's Freelancer Patch (game programming modification)
- Journal of Functional and Logic Programming
- Journal of French Language Studies
- Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley (Pennsylvania)
- January, February and March
- Japan Finance Corporation for Municipal Enterprises
- Japan Football Museum (Tokyo, Japan)
- Joint Force Memo
- Joint Forces Memorandum
- Joint Frequency Management
- Journal of Facilities Management
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics
- Junior Faculty Member (various schools)
- Just Fine Magic (slang, polite form; explains unexplainable processes)
- Just for Me
- Japan Facility Management Association (trade association)
- Japan Feed Manufacturers Association
- Japan Film Makers Association
- Japan Fluorocarbon Manufacturers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Politics of Co-Optation: Community Forest Management versus Joint Forest Management in Orissa, India.
He stressed upon integrated land use planning and coordination among stakeholders for sustainable forest management and put forth many recommendations such as review of Joint Forest Management Committees system (JFMCs), transparent disbursement of royalty, implementation of forests reform agenda, resolution of ownership issues, shift to fruit orchards in wastelands, innovative approaches to correspond to climate change and incentives reforestation compatible with climate change.
The official signing ceremony of the protocol to launch JICA Technical Cooperation Project "Support of Joint Forest Management in the Kyrgyz Republic" took place on January 13 in Bishkek, JICA told AKIpress.
Since the MNR reduced staff over the last decade and handed joint forest management on Crown lands with industry, Barton says both sides must engage in a "critical and open" analysis of whether guidelines are working.
some Joint Forest Management in India, see Hobley 1996; Hill and Shields 1998).
Community, Participatory and Joint Forest Management systems emerged out of the failure of colonial and social forestry and the Indian government's forest policies in general.
These joint forest management (JFM) strategies are initiated by state agencies, as policy and program initiatives that allow governments, donors, private-sector interests, and NGOs to collaborate with local communities in managing forest resources.