April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin[NYSE: LMT] is upgrading the command and control system that allows Joint Force Air Component Commanders to deploy air assets, execute air tasking orders and synchronize management of air operations.
What does JFACC stand for?
JFACC stands for Joint Force Air Component Commander
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JFACC
We have 4 other meanings of JFACC in our Acronym Attic
- Joint Forward Area Air Defense
- Jewelry for a Cause (New York, NY)
- Job For A Cowboy (Arizona band)
- John Felix Anthony Cena (professional wrestler)
- Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee
- Joint Force Air Component (UK)
- Journal of the Faculty of Archaeology (University of Cairo, Egypt)
- Just for a Change
- Joint Forward Air Controller Airborne (US Air Force)
- Joint Force Air Component Command
- Joint Force Air Component Commander's Course
- Joint Forces Air Control Center
- Joint Forces Air Component Commander Course
- Joint Forces Air Component Command Wing Battle Control Element
- Joint Forward Air Control Training and Support Unit (RAF)
- Joint Forward Air Control Training Standards Unit (UK MoD)
- Jambi Freshwater Aquaculture Development Centre (Jambi, Indonesia)
- Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment
- Jaffe Food Allergy Institute (Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York)
- Joint Final Acceptance Inspection
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this operation, the majority of the key commanders and staff, except the joint force air component commander and joint special operations task force, were collocated aboard the USS Mount Whitney, which contributed greatly to unity of command and unity of effort.
Margaret Woodward, the Joint Force Air Component commander for Operation Odyssey Dawn.
He has twice been a Joint Task Force Commander; was the principal attack planner for the Desert Storm air campaign; orchestrated air operations over Iraq in 1998/1999; in 2001 was the first Combined Air Operations Center commander for Afghanistan; and was the Joint Force Air Component Commander for the South Asia tsunami relief effort.
It provides visibility of JSOTF activities to the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) staff for coordination, synchronization, and integration of SOF air, surface, and subsurface operations.
After the successful Desert Storm campaign, the concept of the theater commander, Air Force forces / joint force air component commander (COMAFFOR/JFACC) became codified in joint and service doctrine.
For example, during Phase II operations (Seize the Initiative), the joint force air component commander (JFACC) is normally the supported commander for the joint forces commander's theater-wide air-interdiction campaign across the entire operational area.
Most of our firing is by permission of the joint force air component commander (JFACC), through his chain of command, through regional and sector air defense commands.