According to him, the firm had won the contract to produce its Joint Direct Attack Munitions Systems (JDAM) for Boeing and indicated that the contract is likely to generate more than $60 million in export sales.
What does JDAM stand for?
JDAM stands for Joint Direct Attack Munition
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 2 other meanings of JDAM in our Acronym Attic
- Joint Deployment Agency Deployment Action Team
- Journal of Design Automation for Embedded Systems
- Japan Digital Animation Festival
- Job Development Assessment Fee
- Joey Dipaolo AIDS Foundation (Staten Island, NY)
- Joint-SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) Defense-Technology Applications Initiative
- Just Do an Idea (various locations)
- Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative (justice system reform)
- Jefferson Davis Artist Lofts (Houston, TX)
- Joint Duty Assignment List
- Joint Duty Assignment Management Information System (US DoD)
- Joint Direct Attack Munitions System
- Jacksonville Drug Abuse Program (Florida, USA)
- Java Directory Access Protocol (computing)
- Journal of Decorative and Propaganda Arts (Wolfsonian Museum, Miami Beach, FL)
- Jersey Devil ATV Riders Association
- Joint Distributed After-Action Review System
- Joint Defense Air Superiority Fighter
- Japan Dolphin Assisted Therapy Association (est. 2002)
- Jamaica Development Bank
Samples in periodicals archive:
BF-3, a short take-off and vertical landing F-35 variant, executed an inert 1,000-pound GBU-32 Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM) separation weapon over water in an Atlantic test range while travelling at 400 knots at an altitude of 4,200 feet.
The package, which Congress has 30 days to approve or reject, includes 600 BLU-109 2,000-pound Hard Target Penetrator bunker-buster bombs and 600 Joint Direct Attack Munition kits that give the munitions Global Positioning System guidance.
Israel also requested Joint Direct Attack Munition bombs, seeking to significantly increase the number of bombs that it already has in its arsenal.
4 reported an Israeli Defence Ministry official as saying the Israel Air Force (IAF) had purchased a new and advanced Laser Joint Direct Attack Munition (LJDAM) smart bomb with a laser-targeting system which will improve the IAF's ability to accurately hit fast-moving targets.
Air Force and Navy personnel to test and update software on numerous munitions such as the Joint Direct Attack Munition, the Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile as well as next-generation weapon systems such as the Small Diameter Bomb.
When the United States Central Command Air Force commander wanted to deliver smaller sized weapons, with the same accuracy as that of the GBU-31 Joint Direct Attack Munition, the Air Force acquisition community responded.
Our forward observer software (FOS) has incorporated PSS-SOF to provide the precision capability our observers need to engage targets with PGMs, such as GMLRS-U, Excalibur and the Air Force's joint direct attack munitions (JDAMs).