The Joint Committee on Human Rights urged an independent inquiry into claims of knowledge of use of torture on suspects held overseas, branding government accountability of the issues "woefully deficient.
What does JCHR stand for?
JCHR stands for Joint Committee on Human Rights (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JCHR
We have 1 other meaning of JCHR in our Acronym Attic
- Joint Committee for Higher Medical Training
- Journal of Community Health Nursing (career publication; UK)
- Japan Community Healthcare Organization
- Jaffa Cultural Heritage Project (Israel)
- Jefferson College of Health Professions (Philadelphia, PA)
- Jones County Historic Preservation Commission (Iowa)
- Joint Committee on Higher Pathology Training (hospital training program; UK)
- Jaeb Center for Health Research (Tampa, FL)
- Java Constraint Handling Rules
- Jerusalem Centre for Human Rights (est. 2001; Israel)
- James Campbell High School (Ewa Beach, HI)
- Jefferson County Humane Society (various locations)
- Jersey Community High School (Jerseyville, IL)
- Joint Center for Housing Studies (Harvard University)
- Jones County High School (Georgia)
- Junction City High School
- Johnson County Humane Society, Inc. (Mountain City, TN)
- Joint Committee on Higher Surgical Training (UK & Ireland)
- Johnson County Heritage Trust (Iowa City, IA)
- Joint Committee for Higher Training of Anaesthetists (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The government must give prisoners the right to vote or the next general election will be illegal under European law, ministers have been warned by parliament's influential Joint Committee on Human Rights.
Yesterday the House of Lords and House of Commons Joint Committee on Human Rights published their important report on the human rights of older people in healthcare - and said the law needs changing to ensure the human rights of the elderly in private care homes are protected.