8) Three different documents published to lower Air Force and joint air units result in the mission type orders for Airmen: (1) the joint air operations plan (JAOP) contains the commander's intent for each phase of the operation, and (2) the air operations directive (AOD) includes the joint force air component commander's (JFACC) intent for a specific (3) air tasking order (ATO) or period of time.
What does JAO stand for?
JAO stands for Joint Air Operations
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JAO
We have 16 other meanings of JAO in our Acronym Attic
- Japan Australia New Zealand Society, Inc.
- Journal of the Australian and New Zealand Student Services Association
- Federation of Japan Amateur Orchestras
- Japan Association of Orlando (Orlando, FL)
- Jedi Academy Online
- Jersey All Out (graffiti group in NJ)
- Jewish Autonomous Oblast (Russia)
- Jews against the Occupation (Australia)
- Joint Acquisition Objective
- Joint Administrative Order (Philippines)
- Joint ALMA Office
- Joint Area Of Operations
- Jugglers Against Oppression (Yahoo group)
- Junior Accountant Officer (India)
- Just Another Observer
- Journal of the American Osteopathic Association
- Journal of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists
- Judge Advocate Officer Advanced Course
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course (US military legal training)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The exercise entailed several joint defence scenarios, in addition to practical applications, tactical manoeuvres, joint air operations, command and control and fire support.
The exercise entails several joint defence scenarios, in addition to practical applications, tactical manoeuvres, joint air operations, command and control and fire support, according to a report on UAE national news agency WAM.
Northern Edge is designed to be an aircentric exercise to train units in joint air operations tactics and command and control in a cost-effective and low-risk environment.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] In a report she wrote for the House subcommittee on air and land forces, Pickup noted that the joint air operations command, which is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring all flight activities, "does not have information on how tactical assets embedded in and controlled by tactical units are being used on a daily basis or what missions they have been tasked to support .
First deployed in October of 2000, TBMCS is the system of record which provides automated command and control and decision support tools to improve the planning and execution of joint air operations.
The modern doctrine of deploying a joint air operations center (JAOC) and controlling all air assets from this single point has presented opportunities in integration of air assets at the theater level.
Space operations are integrated well in the Joint Air Operations Center, but need to be integrated at every level.