We call the flood a natural disaster, but it was a disaster that occurred from a combination of natural events and human manipulation of the environment," says Megan O'Malley, chief of interpretation at the Johnstown Flood National Memorial.
What does JOFL stand for?
JOFL stands for Johnstown Flood National Memorial (US National Park Service)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JOFL
- Joy of Faith Christian Center (Athens, GA)
- Journal of Financial Economics
- Journal of Food Engineering (International Society of Food Engineering)
- Journal of Fusion Energy
- Josephson Field Effect Transistor
- Jamaica Ornamental Fish Farmers Association
- Java Open Framework for Application Development
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) Outsourcing Fair for IT (Information Technologies) Software
- Joey's Only Franchising Ltd.
- Joint Oil Fisheries Liaison Office (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Justification for Other than Full and Open Competition
- Journal of Folklore Research (Indiana University)
- Journal of Forensic Sciences
- Journal of Family Violence
- Journal of Forensic Vocationology
- Jacksonville Office Geeks (Jacksonville, FL)
- Jersey Osborne Group (now New Jersey Computer Club; est. 1981)
- Jewish Occupational Government
- Job Opportunity Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Earlier this year, while standing atop the remains of the South Fork Dam at the Johnstown Flood National Memorial in Cambria County, Governor Rendell urged federal support for state efforts to enhance dam safety and ensure a safe, well-maintained infrastructure.
Our national security, the safety of our aging dam infrastructure, and our ability to respond to dam hazard emergencies are compromised by the lack of a national dam-safety program," said Governor Rendell, who spoke while standing atop the remains of the South Fork Dam at the Johnstown Flood National Memorial in Cambria County.