The contracting acquisition strategy for the first full-scale facility, Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System (JACADS), deliberately administered and awarded separate contract vehicles for design; facility construction; equipment acquisition, installation, and systemization; and project operations.
What does JACADS stand for?
JACADS stands for Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of JACADS in our Acronym Attic
- Jaluit Atoll Conservation Area (Marshall Islands)
- Jamaica Ambassadors Chess Academy
- Japan Air Cleaning Association (est. 1963)
- Japan American Culture Association
- Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs
- Japanese Akita Club of America, Inc.
- Johnston Atoll Chemical Activity
- Journal of the American Chiropractic Association
- Journal of the Association for Communication Administration
- Justification, Alternatives, Consequences, Ability (threat management)
- Jamaican Council for Adult Education
- JC2 (Joint Command and Control) Architecture and Capability Assessment Enterprise (Demonstration; US DoD)
- Japanese Association for Conservation of Architectural Monuments (Tokyo, Japan)
- Japanese Association of Cambodia
- Jamaica Association of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- Japan Association for the Contemporary and Applied Philosophy
- Japan Center for Asian Historical Records (digital database)
- Joint Australian Centre for Astrophysical Research in Antarctica
- Japan Association for Central Asian Studies
- Japan Association of Consumer Affairs Specialists
Samples in periodicals archive:
2000: Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System (JACADS), South Pacific (Closed).
CMA personnel and contractors previously destroyed VX nerve agent munitions at five other disposal sites: Umatilla Chemical Depot, Oregon; Newport Chemical Depot, Indiana; Pine Bluff Chemical Activity, Arkansas; Deseret Chemical Depot, Utah; and Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System, about 800 miles southwest of Hawaii.
The Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System (JACADS) exists solely for the purpose of destroying obsolete - and frightening - chemical weapons.
Manager at the Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System.
M23 VX land mine disposal campaign at the Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System (JACADS) on Johnston Island.
Army at the Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System in the Central Pacific, where the company successfully destroyed all chemical weapons and is now in the closure phase of the contract.
On 30 June 1990, disposal operations began at the Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Disposal System (JACADS) with the processing of M55 rockets filled with the nerve agent GB (sarin).