Berry, whose 50s hits include Johnny B Goode and Roll Over Beethoven, was helped off stage and an ambulance was called but the singer refused to be taken to hospital.
What does JBG stand for?
JBG stands for Johnny B Goode (Chuck Berry song)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of JBG
We have 10 other meanings of JBG in our Acronym Attic
- Jon Boat Fishing Club (North Carolina)
- Jewish Board of Family and Children Services (New York City, NY, USA)
- Japan-Bangladesh Friendship Hospital
- Journal of Banking and Finance Law and Practice (Lawbook Co.; Australia)
- Joint Blue Force Situational Awareness (US Army)
- Joint Board on Future Storage of Atomic Weapons
- Jadgbombergeschwader (FRG)
- Jamaican Bat Guano (fertilizer)
- James Bond Girl (Alizée song)
- Jawad Business Group (Manama, Bahrain)
- Just Between Girlfriends
- Jacob Brent Guardian Angels
- Japanese Blind Golf Association
- James Bay General Hospital (Ontario, Canada)
- Jimmy Bruno Guitar Institute
- Joint Board of Geospatial Information Societies
- Jahres Brutto Gesamt Leistung (German: Yearly Total Gross Output)
- Java Bytecode Genetic Programming
- Jack Booted Government Thug
- Justification by Grace Through Faith
Samples in periodicals archive:
The colourful American jukebox musical, which has already wowed audiences around the world, brings back the era of Teddy Boys, Brylcreem, poodle skirts and blue suede shoes and features rock 'n' roll classics, including Great Balls of Fire, Jail House Rock, Blueberry Hill, Good Golly Miss Molly and Johnny B Goode.
Hits include Johnny B Goode, Maybellene and Memphis.
After months of abortive attempts at finding a tune to sum up his renegade, geriatric bid for the White House, and finding that none of the artists asked wanted to their music to be associated with him, McCain recently plumped for Chuck Berry's iconic Johnny B Goode, mainly because it has the chorus "Go Johnny Go Go Go" in it.
Yet the song that remains his only number-one single is a damp squib of a tune that has no right to be included alongside such classics as Roll Over Beethoven, Johnny B Goode or Sweet Little Sixteen.
CHUCK BERRY, JERRY LEE LEWIS, BUDDY HOLLY KINGS OF ROCK N ROLL Three-disc bargain for nostalgic '50s kids, featuring Johnny B Goode, Peggy Sue, Heatbeat and Shake, Rattle & Roll.
and disc two is a live recording that features Foxy Lady and an amazing version of Johnny B Goode.
Last, but not least, Scorchin' Blues includes versions of Chuck Berry's Johnny B Goode, Rick Derringer's Rock'n'Roll Hoochie Coochie Man and a 12-minute jam of Muddy Waters' It's My Fault.