| 1865: Abraham Lincoln, America's 16th president, was shot in Ford's Theatre by John Wilkes Booth, dying the next day.
What does JWB stand for?
JWB stands for John Wilkes Booth
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of JWB
We have 11 other meanings of JWB in our Acronym Attic
- Joint Water Activated Release System (Parachute release)
- Just Wait A Second
- Just Wait and See
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences
- Journey With A Village
- Japan Washington Bulletin
- Jehovah's Witness Blog
- Jewelbox (C++ class library)
- Jewish Welfare Board (now Jewish Community Centers Association)
- John Walsh Bagpipes (Canada)
- Johnny Walker Black (Whiskey brand)
- Japan Wheelchair Billiards Association
- Jazz Workshop Biggish Band (Capetown, South Africa)
- Jackson Way Baptist Church (Huntsville, AL; est. 1908)
- Japan Women's Boxing Commission
- Joint Whole Blood Center
- Japan Wheelchair Basketball Federation
- Johnnie Walker Blue Index (liquor pricing)
- Johnnie Walker Black Label (whiskey)
- Juvenile Welfare Board Library (Saint Petersburg, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the North all but assured of victory after four years of war, Southern stalwart John Wilkes Booth is plotting vengeance.
Intertwined with the family and political crisis is the drama unfolding at a Washington tavern frequented by soldiers, members of Congress and an actor by the name of John Wilkes Booth.
Star rating: THE CONSPIRATOR (12A) After the assassination of president Abraham Lincoln, killer John Wilkes Booth (Toby Kebbell) is hunted down with co-conspirators including Samuel Arnold (Jeremy Paul Tuttle), George Atzerodt (John Michael Weatherly), David Herold (Marcus Hester) and Lewis Payne (Norman Reedus).
John Wilkes Booth (Toby Kebbell) is arrested along with Samuel Arnold (Jeremy Paul Tuttle), George Atzerodt (John Michael Weatherly), David Herold (Marcus Hester), Lewis Payne (Norman Reedus) and Michael O'Laughlen, as well as Mary Surratt (Robin Wright), who owned the boarding house where the men concocted their heinous plan to slay Lincoln (Gerald Bestrom).
THE CONSPIRATOR Time Rating (12A, 123 mins) 6/10 On April 14, 1865, John Wilkes Booth assassinated the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln, as part of a far-reaching conspiracy.
ON APRIL 14, 1865, John Wilkes Booth assassinated the 16th president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln, as part of a far-reaching conss piracy.
1865: Abraham Lincoln, America's 16th president, was shot in Ford's Theatre by John Wilkes Booth, dying next day.