John Weaver is chairman of the John Ray Initiative - which aims to "connect environment, science and Christianity" - and principal of the South Wales Baptist College CLICK ON For the environmental news for homes, businesses and industry WalesOnline.
What does JRI stand for?
JRI stands for John Ray Initiative
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JRI
We have 28 other meanings of JRI in our Acronym Attic
- Just the Right Height No Bucket Required
- James River High School (Buchanan, VA)
- John Rennie High School (Pointe-Claire, Quebec)
- Junior High School (various locations)
- Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (UK)
- Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University (Chitrakoot, India)
- James Redford Institute for Transplant Awareness (Los Angeles, CA)
- Japan Research Institute (consulting firm)
- Java Runtime Interface (Netscape)
- Job Related Injury
- Joint Receipt Inspection (India)
- Joint Reliability Importance (computing)
- Joint Replacement Institute
- JOTS-ROTHR Interface
- Journaliste Reporter d'Images (French: Image Reporter Journaliste)
- Jury Research Institute
- James River Institute for Archaeology (est. 1986; Williamsburg, VA)
- Japan Radioisotope Association
- Japan Recording-Media Industries Association
- Japan Research Industries Association (est. 1991)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among his many remarkable accomplishments, Sir John is Chair of the UK John Ray Initiative, "an educational charity that works to develop and communicate a Christian understanding of the environment" (http://www.
It helped that many of the participating scientists were themselves evangelical Christians, including co-convenor Sir John Houghton of the John Ray Initiative, a former science advisor to Margaret Thatcher who edited the first and second assessment reports for the UN-sponsored Inter-Governmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).