The John Carroll Society sponsors the Red Mass, held the day before the opening of the Supreme Court's fall term.
What does JCS stand for?
JCS stands for John Carroll Society
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JCS
We have 115 other meanings of JCS in our Acronym Attic
- Jewish Chautauqua Society
- Jewish Coalition for Service
- Jewish Community Services of South Florida
- Jewish Cultural Society
- Jimmie's Chicken Shack (band)
- Job Control Service
- Job Control Statement
- Job Control System
- Johan Cruijff Schaal (Dutch: Johan Cruijff Shield; soccer competition)
- John C. Stennis (US Navy strike group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Red Mass, given its name for the red vestments traditionally worn by the officiating clergy, is sponsored by the John Carroll Society and is considered by the church to be "a traditional religious observance asking God's guidance on the administration of justice, and for the Nation.
In 2006, he was awarded the prestigious Pro Bono Legal Service Award from the John Carroll Society.
She also works with the John Carroll Society, a conservative Catholic group that sponsors an annual "Red Mass" for members of the Supreme Court and others in the legal profession.
Speno is a Charter Member of John Carroll Society of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.