It incorporates a fifth-generation staring focal plane array seeker for robust guidance performance and infrared countermeasures capability and jet vane control for extremely agile turning performance.
What does JVC stand for?
JVC stands for Jet Vane Control (directs VLS-launched missiles)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JVC
We have 46 other meanings of JVC in our Acronym Attic
- Judo-Verband Berlin (German: Judo Association Berlin; Germany)
- Juniata Valley Bank (Pennsylvania)
- Jersey Village Baptist Church
- Jugular Venous Bulb Catheter
- Jain Vishva Bharati Institute (Ladnun, Rajasthan, India)
- Japan-Vietnam Business Matching (Japan)
- Jugular Venous Bulb Temperature
- Japan International Volunteer Center
- Japan Victor Company
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Jewelers Vigilance Committee
- Jewish Volunteer Connection (various locations)
- Jitter Virtual Clock
- JLIP Video Capture
- Joint Value Creation
- Joint Venture Company
- Joint Venture Consortium (venture funding)
- Victor Company of Japan (or Japan's Victor Company)
- Justified by Virtue of Creativity for Obvious Reasons Concerning Entertainment (hip hop)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system design incorporates a fifth-generation focal plane array seeker for robust guidance performance and infrared countermeasure resistance and jet vane control for agile turning.
The guided launches are taking place in parallel with a series of separation and control tests whose objectives are to clear the missile for launch through the aircraft's flight regime and demonstrate the missile advanced airframe incorporating jet vane control.
AIM-9X changes the rules of the aerial combat through a system design approach that incorporates a fifth-generation staring focal plane array seeker for robust guidance performance and infrared countermeasure resistance and jet vane control for extremely agile turning performance.
April 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has been awarded a $14 million contract to produce jet vane control units for use on NATO Seasparrow missiles.