Loftus, director of the Jesuit Urban Center in Boston and a psychologist in private practice, argued that Paul's message to early Christians pivoted on the definitive rejection of "purity codes," a point he said with special meaning for homosexual Catholics.
What does JUC stand for?
JUC stands for Jesuit Urban Center (Boston, MA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JUC
We have 10 other meanings of JUC in our Acronym Attic
- Jornal Umbanda Branca (Portugese)
- Journal of the University of Bombay (Mumbai, India)
- Juvenile Uterine Bleeding
- Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail (US National Park Service)
- Japan-US Business Council
- Juru Ukur Bahan Malaysia (surveying practice)
- Jubail Al-Bahar Tennis Association (Philippines)
- Jewish Buddhist
- Jefferson Unitarian Church (Golden, CO)
- Jerusalem University College (Israel)
- Joint University Council (est. 1918; Nottingham, UK)
- Joint Users' Committee
- Joplin Urgent Care, Inc. (Joplin, MO)
- Juventude Universitária Católica (Portuguese: Catholic Youth University; Brazil)
- Japan-US Communication Association
- Jimma University College of Agriculture (Ethiopia)
- Joint Universities Computer Association (Hong Kong)
- Joint-Unmanned Combat Air Systems
- Joint-Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle
- Joint Union Consultative Committee (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2000, after the nun anointed a child with oil during a baptism ceremony--a part of the liturgy traditionally performed by priests and deacons--Normandin was stripped of her duties at the Jesuit Urban Center in Boston, where she had lived and worked for 11 years, and forced to move out.
Tom Carroll, director of the South End's primarily gay worshipping community, the Jesuit Urban Center at the Church of the Immaculate Conception, along with Fr.
A few blocks away stands the Jesuit Urban Center where hundreds of gay Catholics worship each week.