Though almost all musical elements in modern Japanese popular music originated in the Western world, they have been domesticated or re-organized to produce something quite different from their original Western counterparts.
What does JPOP stand for?
JPOP stands for Japanese Popular Music
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of JPOP
- Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Jurassic Park Operation Genesis (game)
- Japanese Peruvian Oral History Project
- Johannesburg Plan of Implementation (World Summit on Sustainable Development)
- Joint Program of Instruction (US DoD)
- Joint Polarization Experiment
- Japan Public Opinion Location Library
- Joint Preparation and Onward Movement
- Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing
- Japanese Polar Orbiting Platform
- Jetty Park Ocean Regatta (Cape Canaveral, FL)
- Jamaica Plain Open Studios (Jamaica Plain, MA)
- Java Point of Sale
- Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Jurassic Park Operating System (gaming)
- Journal of Polymer Science, Part A (chemistry)
- Journal of Polymer Science B (physics)
- Journal of Polymer Science
- Junior Professional Officers Service Centre
- Jerusalem Post International Edition
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also covers the general genres of Okinawan music and Japanese popular music.
At the previous two festivals in 1999 and 2000, Japanese artists were permitted to perform as an exception to a South Korean government ban then on the import of Japanese popular music culture, which was lifted in August last year.
The ban on selling recordings of Japanese popular music will remain in place, he said, adding that the performances would not be broadcast.