and Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) C8303 for AC cords in Japan.
What does JIS stand for?
JIS stands for Japanese Industrial Standard
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of JIS
We have 73 other meanings of JIS in our Acronym Attic
- Java Information Retrieval System (open-source software)
- Jewish Information and Referral Service (various locations)
- Joint Infrared Standards
- Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems
- Judicial Information Research System (court information database; Australia)
- Joint Inter-Service Resource Study Group
- Joint Interservice Regional Support Group
- Joint Investigation Response Team (Department of Community Services; New South Wales, Australia)
- Jakarta International School
- Jamaica Information Service
- Japanese Institute of Standards
- Japanese International System
- Job Instruction Sheet
- Joint Information System (local/national emergency preparedness)
- Joint Integrated Schedule/Simulation (International Space Station)
- Jordanian International School (Amman, Jordan)
- Journal of Infrastructure Systems (ASCE)
- Journal of Integer Sequences
- Journal of Islamic Studies
- Judicial Information Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the same time, the direction and angle used for the outdoor exposure testing of the properties of polymers are prescribed in Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) Z 2381 (JIS 2001; 45[degrees] or 30[degrees] exposure angle), JIS K 7081 (JIS 1993; 30[degrees] exposure angle in Japan, latitude--10[degrees] in middle latitude area), JIS K 7219 (JIS 1998; 30[degrees] exposure angle), and JIS K 5600-7-6 (JIS 2002; 45[degrees] exposure angle).
Measured based on the Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) C5513 2000 using a standard receiver.
skipped hydraulic pressure tests required by the Japanese Industrial Standards and forged data for some 125,000 stainless steel pipes in the five years to this March, the subsidiary said Thursday.
The draft calls for boosting the Japanese percentage of pallet cargo whose standards are consistent with the government-mandated Japanese Industrial Standards to levels comparable to U.
To help choose the proper safe, several guides are available that summarize labeling requirements set forth by the insurance industry, Underwriters Laboratories (UL), General Services Administration (GSA), and Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS).
7 N of the samples each having a length of 250 mm were estimated at a stretching speed of 300 mm/min, based on the Testing Methods for Chemical Fibers Tire Cords specified in Japanese Industrial Standard (JISL-1017) using a tensile stretch tester.
The International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) developed the standard through voluntary, international consensus from ISO countries, European Norm and Japanese Industrial Standards Committee.