Spanish Catalan director Jaume Collet-Serra has been tapped to direct a live-action remake of the Japanese animation hit "Akira," the Variety entertainment magazine has reported.
What does JAPANIME stand for?
JAPANIME stands for Japanese Animation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Japan Association for Planning Administration
- Japan Association for Professionals' Activities
- Journal of Aging and Physical Activity
- Journal of the American Pharmaceutical Association
- Journal of the American Planning Association
- Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association
- Japan and Asia-Pacific (geographic region)
- John Armstrong Performing Arts Center
- Japanese Pacific Climate Study
- Just Always Pray At Night
- Junta Autónoma dos Portos do Barlavento Algarve (Portugal)
- Japan Association of Parasite Control (est. 1955)
- Japan Atomic Power Co.
- Japanese Anime People of Chicago (est. 2000; Chicago, IL)
- Joint Administrative Procedures Committee (Florida)
- Joint Air Photo Center
- Journal of Asian Pacific Communication (John Benjamins Publishing Company)
- Just Another Proxy Client
- Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association
- Joint Air Power Competence Centre (NATO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Moreover, the industry is losing young talent due to persistently low pay and poor working conditions, forcing Japanese animation companies to outsource much of their work.
Summary: The younger siblings of Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers are the stars of new Japanese animation picture Ponyo.
Although Japanese animation has achieved significant global success, many productions we currently see in development do not have broad appeal outside of Japan," said Sakata.
Byline: Rob Lowman Entertainment Editor Enter the mysterious `Castle' ``Howl's Moving Castle,'' the Oscar-nominated film from Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki, is both visually beautiful and enchanting.
Choice of: Howl's Moving Castle (U): Japanese animation, Oscar-nominated this month ****' Spirited Away (PG): Oscar-winning Japanese animation from 2003 ****' Nanny McPhee (U): Emma Thompson as a snaggle-toothed nanny in charge of widower Colin Firth's seven children.
Otaku, on the other hand, denotes the urban male recluse who invests endless hours and large sums of disposable income in the private consumption of products from the Japanese animation, manga, science-fiction, and music industries.
Byline: ALAN MORRISON FANS of Japanese animation will appreciate the visual power that has gone into this remake.