The Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC), the implementing organization for scientific expedition aboard the Chikyu, announced this achievement on 6th September, 2012.
What does JAMSTEC stand for?
JAMSTEC stands for Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Journal of the American Musicological Society
- Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (retired judges and attorneys involved in conflict resolution)
- Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (band, see JAMMs)
- Jamaica Medical Students' Association (Kingston, Jamaica)
- Journal of Applied Mathematics and Stochastic Analysis
- Japanese American Museum of San Jose (California)
- Japan Manned Space Systems Corporation
- Joint Ammunition Management Standard System
- Joint Applications Management Standard Systems
- Joint Aerospace & Meteorology Stratosphere Analysis Rocket (Florida Institute of Technology)
- Japan Association of Medical Translation for Cancer
- Japanese Association of Medical Technologists
- Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics
- Joint Airlines Military Traffic Office
- Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics (Springer New York)
- Japanese Association for Molecular Target Therapy of Cancer
- Janacek Academy of Music and Performing Arts (Czech Republic)
- James Abbott McNeill Whistler (artist; 1834-1903)
- Journal of the American Medical Women's Association
- Just Another Moronic Yankee :-)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A deep-sea drilling vessel from another state-controlled organization, the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, is currently preparing to start drilling in waters about 1,000 meters deep some 70-80 kilometers south of the Atsumi Peninsula near Nagoya, the officials said.
s renewed "Earth Simulator", a parallel vector computing system the company launched at the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology in March last year, topped the Global FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) - one of the four challenging benchmarks of the HPC Challenge Awards, with an 11.
Masa Kinoshita, NanTroSEIZE Co-Chief Scientist, marine geophysicist, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) B-ROLL INCLUDES: * aerial and close-up shots of Chikyu at sea * crew working on deck * scientists in lab VIDEO PROVIDED BY: Integrated Ocean Drilling Program Management International Contact: FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL: MultiVu Media Relations, 1-800-653-5313 EXT.
The world's record is owed to the development of a high-quality fuel cell,'' said Taro Aoki, program director of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, based in Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture.
A deep-sea drilling vessel from another state-affiliated organization, the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, started drilling in waters about 1,000 meters deep some 70 to 80 kilometers south of the Atsumi Peninsula, the officials said.