It recently changed its name from James Fisher Defence to JFWD, to better reflect the nature of the work it does.
What does JFD stand for?
JFD stands for James Fisher Defence (submarine rescue systems; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of JFD
We have 21 other meanings of JFD in our Acronym Attic
- Jesus Fellowship Christian School (Miami, FL)
- Jewish Family and Children's Services (of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties, California)
- Jewish Family and Community Service (Chicago, IL)
- John Flamsteed Community School (UK)
- Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Joint Fire Control Teams (Army)
- Joint Forces Collaborative Toolkit
- Justice Federal Credit Union
- Justice for Children and Youth (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Jackson Fire Department
- Japanese Experimental Module Flight Demonstration
- Japanese Federation of the Deaf (Tokyo, Japan)
- Jefferson Finis Davis (President of the Confederate States of America)
- Jericho Fire Department (Jericho, NY)
- Jewish Federation of Delaware (Wilmington, Delaware)
- Johnston Fire Department (Johnston RI, USA)
- Johnstown Fire Department
- Joint Frequency Distribution
- Japan Finland Design Association
- Japan Flying Disc Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
James Fisher Defence hosted representatives of the Singapore navy at Fairlie, Ayrshire, for the naming ceremony of DSAR6.
Stuart and his team from James Fisher Defence, were flown to the site by naval and RAF officers.