The Battles live in the Berkshire town of Pangbourne which, interestingly, was the setting of a spectacularly violent and disturbing novella, Running Wild, by the late, great JG Ballard.
What does JGB stand for?
JGB stands for JG Ballard (science fiction author)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of JGB
We have 12 other meanings of JGB in our Acronym Attic
- Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Society for Historians of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era)
- James Gunn Appreciation Society (writer and filmmaker)
- Japan Graphic Arts Show
- Japan Graphic Arts Suppliers Committee
- Judd Goldman Adaptive Sailing Foundation (Chicago)
- Judd Goldman Adaptive Sailing Program
- Jordan Garments, Accessories, and Textiles Exporters' Association
- J Geils Band
- Japanese Government Bond
- Jerry Garcia Band
- Josh Goode Band
- Just Got Back
- Japan Glass Bottle Association (trade association)
- Japan Goalball Association
- Journal for Global Business Advancement (Inderscience Publishers)
- Jordanian German Business Council
- Japan Government Bond Clearing Corporation
- James Graham Brown Foundation (Louisville, KY)
- Japanese Government Bond - Inflation-linked
- Journal of Global Business Issues
Samples in periodicals archive:
ON THIS DAY LAST YEAR: JG Ballard, English author of the controversial book Crash, died after losing his battle with terminal prostate cancer.
Byline: ANI London, April 20 (ANI): The acclaimed British author JG Ballard, whose novels include Crash and Empire of the Sun, has died after a long illness.
Acclaimed author JG Ballard died last night after a lengthy battle with illness.
JG Ballard, a cult author best known for his book "Empire of the Sun" about his childhood struggle to survive in a Japanese internment camp, has died after a long illness, his agent said.
According to the BBC, the Biography of the Year shortlist also includes memoirs by JG Ballard, Dawn French, Paul O'Grady, Julie Walters and Marcus Trescothick.
Another, apparently, is that everyone is reading JG Ballard while watching clips from Chris Marker films.
The centre has already infuriated nearby residents by putting a wrecked Mercedes on show outside as part of the month-long project, devoted to the work of author JG Ballard.