The Nursing Student Self-Efficacy Scale: Development using item response theory.
What does IRT stand for?
IRT stands for Item Response Theory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IRT
We have 169 other meanings of IRT in our Acronym Attic
- Intermediate Range Technology
- Internal Radiation Therapy
- International Racquetball Tour
- International Registered Traveler
- International Relations and Trade
- International Rescue Team (various locations)
- Intervention Response Team
- Investigation and Recovery Team
- Iris Recognition Technology (biometrics)
- Isochronous Real Time
- Independent Review, Test and Evaluation
- International Rescue Team of Japanese Fire Service
- I Read That As
- Illinois Retired Teachers Association
- Immigration Review Tribunal of Australia
- In-Reactor Thimble Assembly
- Indiana Retired Teachers Association
- Industrial-Recreational Building Authority (Rhode Island)
- Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentàries (Institute of Agricultural-Alimentary Research and Technology)
- Institute for Research and Technical Assistance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Topics include psychological scaling, test preparation and specification, reliability, content validity, criterion-related validation, construct validity, validity generalization and psychometric meta-analysis, test bias and unfairness, classical test theory item analysis, scoring tests, developing measures of typical performance, response biases, multiple regression, exploratory factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis, item response theory, and generalizability theory.
But those are separate from saying that the test is flawed or there's a defect in the machinery, that the item response theory is wrong.
Knowledge testing problem is the object of investigation of Item Response Theory (Rasch 1960).
Since the beginning of the 1970s, Item Response Theory (IRT) has more or less replaced the role CTT had and is now the major theoretical framework used in this scientific field.
Item response theory (IRT) is a modern measurement approach that is increasingly seen as an essential tool in a number of allied professions.
Part of the funds are for a consultant to provide technical assistance in developing and implementing Item Response Theory (IRT) programs for education systems, institutions and schools.
Adaptive testing format, based on item response theory, studies the relationship between an individual test item and an individual test taker, " says Natarajan.