Dr Fabio Benfenati, of the Italian Institute of Technology, said: "Sight restoration in blind people is one of the new frontiers for prosthetics.
What does IIT stand for?
IIT stands for Italian Institute of Technology
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IIT
We have 121 other meanings of IIT in our Acronym Attic
- Intelligent Information Technologies (Indiana)
- Intensive Insulin Therapy (medical)
- Interactive Information Technology (est. 1998; Venlo, Limburg, Netherlands)
- International Institute of Telecommunications
- International Institute of Travel
- International Investment Trust (Taiwan)
- Intra-Industry Trade (economics)
- Investigator-Initiated Trial
- Ion Implantation Technology
- Islamic Institute of Toronto (Toronto, Canada)
- Implementing Information Technology Rapporteur Group
- Image Intensifier Tube Assembly
- Information Infrastructure Technology and Applications
- Input Invalid, Target (Identifier)
- Institute for Information Technology Applications
- Institute of Information Technology Assessment
- Intelligent Information Technology Application (International Symposium)
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (Nigeria)
- Iowa Interpreters and Translators Association
- Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contract award: Provision of a "thermal evaporator and electron beam", with accessories of transportation, installation, technical support, maintenance and training activities at the headquarters of the Italian Institute of Technology located in Genoa.
The ST- Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna joint laboratory initiative will enhance and leverage the global network of partnering research centers in the robotics domain that already include, among others, the University of Catania, the Italian Institute of Technology, the Humanoid Robotics Institute at the Waseda University in Japan, the Waseda - Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna RoboCasa joint lab, the Korean Institute for Scientific Technologies, the Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
The preclinical study by the Drug Discovery and Development (D3) unit of the Italian Institute of Technology and the University of California, Irvine, showed that a meal containing fats results in the upper gut producing endocannabinoids, a family of biologically active lipids.
Lanzani (Center for Nano Science and Technology, Italian Institute of Technology, and physics, Politecnico di Milano, Italy) offers a basic and practical understanding of material photophysics for planning, implementing, and interpreting spectroscopy experiments.
00 Hardcover Engineering sciences; micro- and nanotechnology TJ211 Calinon (advanced robotics, Italian Institute of Technology and learning algorithms and systems, Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne) explains one method that is being pursued with the goal of making programming a robot for new tasks as user friendly as popular computer software such as databases and word processors.
The preclinical study by the Drug Discovery and Development (D3) unit of the Italian Institute of Technology and the University of California, Irvine, showed that URB937, a potent, second-generation inhibitor of the enzyme fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH), controlled pain and inflammation locally at site by boosting levels of anandamide in peripheral tissues, part of the analgesic and anti-inflammatory endocannabinoid system.
About the D3 The D3 is a specialist unit of the Italian Institute of Technology dedicated to the discovery of new medicines.