The issue of data maintenance on the new Internet is illustrated by Japan's new Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) system, which wirelessly charges cars such that they can go through tollgates without stopping.
What does IOD stand for?
IOD stands for Issue Of Data
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IOD
We have 51 other meanings of IOD in our Acronym Attic
- International One Design (sailing)
- International Operations Division
- International Order of DeMolay
- International Organizations Division (US CIA)
- Intimation of Disapproval (real estate permit; India)
- Investigative Operations Division (US DOJ)
- Iron Overload Diseases
- Irrevocable Offer of Dedication
- Isle of Dawn (gaming)
- Isle of Dread (gaming)
- Independent Online Distribution Alliance (digital music distributor)
- Indian Ocean Diving Academy
- Information Oriented Decision Architecture
- International Optimist Dinghy Association (est. 1965)
- International Organization Development Association
- Iron Overload Diseases Association
- International Optimist Dinghy Association in Ireland (sailing)
- Input/Output Data Base
- I/O Dependent Code
- Indian Ocean Data Coverage
Samples in periodicals archive:
The combination of D2D backup arrays using full file format--instead of traditional methods of writing backup data--offers IT managers a dramatic improvement in maintaining business continuity and effectively eliminating the issue of data restoration altogether in favor of a new data protection model: data reacquisition.
com/theinfopro/TIP_Security_W8_Preview_OICC "Enterprises are addressing the issue of data loss through increased spending on content compliance initiatives.
Many companies can move data between applications efficiently, but few address the fundamental issue of data accuracy," said Conroy.
Executives from Pfizer Consumer Healthcare will be the keynote presenters at this gathering of industry leaders and will describe how their company tackled the issue of data synchronization to standards, including how UCCNet fits into Pfizer's strategic business objectives.
Brauer's session will educate attendants on the issue of data quality in today's data driven age and the impact bad data can have on their bottom line.
In the largest public remote access server test ever conducted, the editors at Data Communications chose the Cisco AS5800 over five competitive RASes available today (see complete article in April 21 issue of Data Communications, available on the web at http://www.
BUSINESS WIRE)-- Federal Government has Spent None of the Money Collected for Universal Internet Access in Schools, Libraries The federal program that has applied surcharges of up to 5 percent on phone bills to provide universal Internet and telecom access for schools and libraries has failed, according to the November 21 issue of Data Communications magazine.