Jody walked up the aisle with her two brothers to a ukulele version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
What does IK stand for?
IK stands for Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (musician)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IK
We have 8 other meanings of IK in our Acronym Attic
- Im Kirchendienst
- Immortal King (gaming)
- Indigenous Knowledge
- Installation Kit
- Instant Kill (game)
- Instrument Kernel
- Interstitial Keratitis (corneal scarring)
- Inverse Kinematics (rule of physics)
- Invisible Kid (movie; Metallica song)
- Ippatu Kikimusume (anime)
- It Knits (knitting website)
- Idrima Kinonikon Asfaliseon (Greek Social Security)
- Ikariam (online game)
- Imam Khomeini Airport (Iran)
- Imperial Klans of America
- Industrias Kaiser Argentina
- Information and Knowledge Advantage (US Navy Warfare Development Center)
- Infundibular Keratinizing Acanthoma
- Integraal Kankercentrum Amsterdam (Dutch)
- International Karate Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
But unlike 50st Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, 40-year-old Potts is still alive and has made more than pounds 1m singing at sell-out concerts across the world.
JOE'S WRONG TURN: Page 14 CAPTION(S): HOPEFUL: Scot Stephen Hunter STAR: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
It was eclectic: I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninov and a plaintive African version of Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
The CD features folk tunes as well as popular favorites such as the ``Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World'' medley in which she performs in the style of Hawaii's late, great Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
com's Advantage Program, including artists like the Stone Coyotes, Utah Carol, Enemymine, Carrie Akre and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.