They are experts in isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IR-MS), an old analytical chemistry technique that is finding new applications in the world of forensic science.
What does IRMS stand for?
IRMS stands for Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IRMS
We have 66 other meanings of IRMS in our Acronym Attic
- Information and Records Management Society (UK)
- Information Resource Management Software
- Information Resources Management Service
- Information Resources Management System
- Innovative Risk Management Solutions (India)
- Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science (St. Barnabas Medical Center)
- Integrated Resource Management System
- Integrated Risk Management Strategy
- Investment and Risk Management in Shipping (conference)
- Iraq Reconstruction Management System
- Institute of Risk Management South Africa
- Independent Rotax Maintenance Technician
- Institute of Registered Music Teachers (Wellington, New Zealand)
- Integrated Resource Management Team (US Navy)
- International Records Management Trust
- International Register of Massage Therapists (UK)
- International Roerich Memorial Trust (Naggar, India)
- Islamic Revival Movement of Tajikistan
- Independent Restricted Memory Track Correlation
- Independent Restricted Memory Track Correlation Algorithm
Samples in periodicals archive:
In both cases, the CO2 is introduced directly into the WS-CRDS unit with no drying or other purification necessary, in stark contrast to legacy isotope analyzers based on isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS).
A German paper published in 2002 describes a more reliable technique using isotope ratio mass spectrometry to confirm whether any natural source of caffeine also contains synthetic caffeine.
This volume focuses on (1) the plethora of mostly atomic ionization techniques that have been coupled to MS for elemental analysis, the measurement of isotope ratios, and even the determination of inorganic compounds and (2) the precise measurement of isotope ratios of organic elements as small gas molecules by isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS).
Isotope ratio mass spectrometry is a specialized magnetic sector mass spectrometry technique designed to measure isotopes.
Traditionally measuring the carbon and hydrogen isotope ratios requires two separate isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) techniques and specialized hardware configurations.
The most suitable methods for such studies are isotope-dilution mass spectrometry methods, including gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC/MS)  and isotope ratio mass spectrometry coupled with a combustion chamber furnace and GC (GC/C/IRMS) (4).
The integrated CM-CRDS system will be an ideal solution for analytical laboratories with demanding high-throughput operation and for scientists who have not implemented stable isotope techniques in their research due to budget constraints and complexity of isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS).