system for the purification of proteins used for the separation of proteins in free solution isoelectric focusing in a liquid phase.
What does IEF stand for?
IEF stands for Isoelectric Focusing (experiment)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IEF
We have 94 other meanings of IEF in our Acronym Attic
- International Energy Forum
- International Energy Foundation
- International Energy Fund
- International Enterprise Forum
- International Entrepreneurship Forum (est. 2000)
- International Environment Forum
- International Exhibitions Foundation
- International Eye Foundation
- Internet Education Foundation
- Investor Education Fund
- Insulin Enhancer Binding Factor 1
- Insulin-Enhancer Factor-1
- Immigration Examinations Fee Account
- Indian Education for All
- Indiana Elementary Football Association
- Inland Empire Furry Association (Riverside, CA)
- Institute of Emergency First Aiders (South Africa)
- Instituto Educacional Francisco de Assis (Portuguese: Francis of Assisi Educational Institute; Brazil)
- Instituto Europeo de Finanzas Aplicadas (Spanish: European Institute of Applied Finance)
- International and European Financial Affairs (Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The authors studied cord blood serum proteins by profiling a UCB pool of 12 neonates with different backgrounds using a combination of isoelectric focusing and liquid chromatography coupled with matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization tandem mass spectrometry and by comparing results with metabolic and disease databases available for adult blood.
Ancillary testing protocols such as isoelectric focusing (IFE), globin chain electrophoresis, dithionite solubility testing (sickle cell solubility testing), and molecular assays for alpha and beta chain globin mutations should be available to the hemoglobinopathy laboratory when and where needed.
This hemoglobin variant was detected by isoelectric focusing moving just ahead of Hb A.
Coverage includes common microfabrication techniques utilized to create microfluidic devices and on-chip flow control and mixing microsystems, on-chip electrophoresis and isoelectric focusing methods for quantitative biology, electrical methods for manipulations of droplets via electrowetting and particles via dielectrophoresis for separations and chemical reactions, methods for integrated optical characterization of microfluidic devices and for controlling chemical gradients within devices, microimmunoassay diagnostics, MicroFACS system, and microtubule motors in microfluidics.
3) A Task Force report from the European Federation of Neurological Science (EFNS) recently described Class I evidence to support the use of isoelectric focusing for both predictive and diagnostic testing in the diagnosis of MS.
Capillary isoelectric focusing (clEF) is another accurate method where the sensitivity of detection of capillary electrophoresis is combined with the automated sampling and data acquisition of HPLC (5,6).
Synthetic EPO has slightly different molecular forms to the natural EPO and detection methods include separating those forms into a characteristic pattern using a technique known as isoelectric focusing.