Scientists said the misfolding of the substance human islet amyloid polypeptide has been increasingly considered a pathogenic process in type 2 diabetes.
What does IAPP stand for?
IAPP stands for Islet Amyloid Polypeptide
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IAPP
We have 27 other meanings of IAPP in our Acronym Attic
- Information, Access, Projection, Persistence
- Inter-Access Point Protocol
- International Accounts Payable Professionals
- International Air Pollution Prevention Certificate (US Coast Guard)
- International Arctic Polynya Program
- International Association of Panoramic Photographers
- International Association of Police Professors (changed to ACJS)
- International Association of Presentation Professionals
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- International Association of Promotional Products (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- International Association of Personal Protection Agents (Grandview, MO)
- Indian Association of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (India)
- International Association for People and Performance Development
- International Association of Project and Program Management
- Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials
- International Amateur-Professional Photoelectric Photometry (aka International Amateur/Professional Photoelectric Photometry)
- Importation of Animal Products and Poultry Products Order (UK)
- Interactive Applications Group, Inc
- International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences (Lincoln, NE)
- Inter Agency Policy and Projects Unit (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is because in molecular terms, zinc prevents amylin also known as Islet Amyloid Polypeptide (IAPP) from forming harmful clumps similar to those found in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's and various other degenerative diseases.
Studies realized in mice show that gene IPF1/PDX1 is required for maintaining the hormone producing phenotype of the [beta]-cell by positively regulating insulin, islet amyloid polypeptide, glucagon and GLUT2 expression .
Fasting plasma islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP) was reported to be increased in patients with PC (1), and a soluble factor from PC cells was reported to stimulate IAPP secretion (2), suggesting the possibility of an increase of IAPP in the plasma of patients with PC.
 Several amyloid proteins that are derived from various hormones ([pro]calcitonin, islet amyloid polypeptide, atrial natriuretic factor, prolactin, insulin, and lactoferrin) are in general associated with endocrine gland pathologic conditions.