Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of al-Qaeda branch in Iraq, said that "it is time to declare to the Levant and the whole world that al-Nusra Front is not but an extension for the Islamic state of Iraq and part of it".
What does ISI stand for?
ISI stands for Islamic State of Iraq (est. 2006)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISI
We have 419 other meanings of ISI in our Acronym Attic
- International Synergy Institute (Baltimore, MD)
- International Systems Institute
- International Systems Integration
- Interspike Interval
- Interstimulus Interval
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (various locations)
- Invisible Streams Incorporated
- Iron and Steel Institute
- Iron Sharpens Iron (religious gaming clan)
- Ithaca Stringed Instruments (Trumansburg, NY)
- Inter-Symbol Interference / Inter-Chip Interference
- Ice Skating Institute of America
- Information and Software Industry Association (Hong Kong)
- International Ski Instructors Association (Belp, Switzerland)
- Iowa Sheep Industry Association (Sibley, Iowa)
- Irish Security Industry Association (est. 1972; Dublin, Ireland)
- Istituto Superiore per le Industrie Artistiche (Italian: Institute for Industrial Arts)
- Indian Statistical Institute Alumni Association
- Institute for the Study of International Aspects of Competition (University of Rhode Island; Kingston, RI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A statement, of the Ministry, quoted a source as saying: "The Iraqi Department of reform implemented, today April 1 death sentence to four of the convicted terrorist of al-Qaeda and so-called" Islamic State of Iraq ", for their leadership of terrorist groups, planned and carried out a large number of criminal acts against Iraqi people , in a number of provinces, including the serial bombings in Baghdad and Anbar provinces, as well as carrying out an armed robbery on a jewelers shop and banking, which claimed many lives in a number of areas of the capital.
KIRKUK / Aswat al-Iraq: The Asayesh forces announced on Monday that they arrested a gang belonging to al-Qaeda's Islamic State of Iraq armed group in Kirkuk.
We are certainly aware of a recent string of attacks against Christians from Iraq condemns all violence based on religion or ethnicity's local affiliate, the Islamic State of Iraq.
The Islamic State of Iraq issued the warning in a message posted late Tuesday on a website frequented by Islamist extremists.
The Islamic State of Iraq, an umbrella group that includes al-Qaeda in Iraq and other allied Sunni insurgent factions, also said that its deadline for the Coptic Christian Church in Egypt to release Muslim women that the militant group claims are being held captive has expired.
The Islamic State of Iraq is an al-Qaeda affiliate.
The Islamic State of Iraq posted Iraqi insurgents linked with al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for bombings this week that killed 112 people and said their campaign of violence would continue.