Pentagon officials said military options being prepared start with providing aerial refueling for Israeli planes and attacking the pillars of the clerical regime such as the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and its elite Qods Force, regular Iranian military bases and the Ministry of Intelligence and Security.
What does IRGC stand for?
IRGC stands for Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (Iran)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IRGC
We have 12 other meanings of IRGC in our Acronym Attic
- International Recreation Go-Kart Association
- International Reprographic Association
- Iron-Regulated Gene A
- Internally Rotated Gay-Berne Potential (molecular physics)
- Inter-Realm Gaming Consortium (Hyperchat)
- International Research Group on Charophytes (est. 1989)
- International Rice Germplasm Center
- International Risk Governance Council
- Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps
- ISPAN (Integrated Strategic Planning and Analysis Network) Requirements Governing Council (US DoD)
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard - Qods Force (Iran)
- Intercritically Reheated Grain-Coarsened Heat-Affected Zone
- International Rice Genebank Collection Information System
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy
- Intra-Regional Grid Cross Subsidy (electricity; Philippines)
- Institut für Raumkonzeptionen und Grundlagen des Entwerfens (Stuttgart, Germany)
- International Research Group on Employment
- Inversion Recovery Gradient Echo (magnetic resonance imaging)
- International Research in Geographical and Environmental Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet Iraqi and other Arab Gulf oil export officials are concerned that an accident or a provocation by Tehran's ruling Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) could cause a devastating war.
Quds Force, a division of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), conducts special operations outside Iran.
Tehran, July 2 (ANI): Senior American officials have accused Iran's elite military unit, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, of sending military weapons to its allies in Iraq and Afghanistan in recent months.
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines.
Meanwhile regarding sanctions targeting trade with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Firouzabadi said, "Such sanctions go against their (the West's) own beliefs about human rights and humanity.
Iraq's Ja'fari Shi'ites are getting more apprehensive of the prospect that the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), now the de facto ruler of Iran, trying to replace the Islamic Republic with an "Islamic Imamate" and make this a universal entity to seek a spread of its authority to the rest of the Muslim world.
Gen Ali Jafari, commander of the Islamic revolutionary Guard Corps, said Tehran was capable of hitting Israel's nuclear facilities and would do so if attacked.