However, there may have been three in the pod, as three "blows" of seawater were emitted in a very short space of time, according to Irish Whale and Dolphin Group marine mammal observer co-ordinator Patrick Lyne.
What does IWDG stand for?
IWDG stands for Irish Whale and Dolphin Group
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of IWDG in our Acronym Attic
- International Workshop on Distributed Computing
- Isis World Drill Championships (Daytona Beach, Florida)
- Inter-Industry Wood Dust Coordinating Committee
- International Workshop on Distributed Computing, Communication, and Applications
- International Waveform Diversity & Design Conference
- ICDCS (International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems) Workshop on Dynamic Distributed Systems
- Interactive Web Data Delivery System (Geological Survey of Ireland)
- International Workshop on Dynamic Distributed Systems
- Internet Werbung Deutschland
- Institute for Workforce Development and Economic Sustainability
- Isle of Wight Digital Imaging Group (UK)
- Individual WellBeing Diagnostic Laboratories (New Malden, Surrey, UK)
- International Wages Due Lesbians (San Francisco, CA)
- Integrated Watershed Development and Management (various organizations)
- Integrated Wildlife Damage Management
- intelligent Wavelength Division Multiplexing
- International Workshop on Database Machines
- International Workshop on Digital Mammography
- International Workshop on Data Mining and Applications
- International Workshop on Discrete Mathematics and Algorithms
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Irish Whale and Dolphin Group (IWDG) said from the description it is a young fin whale and maybe sick or starving.
But Simon Berrow, from the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group, said the whale was as good as dead as soon as it hit the shore.
Padraig Whooley, of the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group, said "nothing can be done to save her".
Simon Berrow of the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group said: "This year total strandings have been down but we've had unusual strandings, mass strandings, like the one in Donegal.
Presenters joined members of the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group (IWDG) to study the different underwater mammals in the Irish Sea, including common dolphins, Risso's dolphins, harbour porpoises, gannets and guillemots.
Experts from the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group said from the description it appeared to be a young fin whale which may be sick or starving.
Conor Ryan of the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group said he was appalled by what he saw.