He starts with the formation of the Irish Transport and General Workers Union (ITGWU) as a water-shed moment in the Irish labor-movement.
What does ITGWU stand for?
ITGWU stands for Irish Transport and General Workers Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ITGWU
- International Technical Group on Penetrating Radiation
- IT (Information Technology) Governance, Risk and Compliance (conference)
- IEEE Transactions Geoscience Remote Sensing
- Improved Tank Gunfire Simulator
- In the Garden Software (UK)
- Information Technology and General Services (Los Angeles City Council; California)
- Information Technology in a Global Society (International Baccalaureate Diploma)
- International Travel Grant Supplement
- Internet Tough Guy Syndrome (Internet slang)
- Industrial Transport and General Workers Union
- If That Helps
- Inferior Turbinate Hypertrophy (nasal disorder)
- Information Technology House (Asuncion, Paraguay)
- Insert Title Here
- Instituto Tecnologico de Hermosillo (Sonora, Mexico)
- Instituto Tecnológico Hotelero (Spanish: Hotel Technology Institute)
- Insulation and Trace Heating
- Integration Time Horizon (environmental gases)
- Interactive Text Hooker (software)
- International Tower Hill Mines (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In January 1944, the Irish Transport and General Workers Union (ITGWU) disaffiliated from the Irish Labour Party, citing the growing influence of communism within the party in Dublin.
THIS weekend the James Larkin society will be celebrating the centenary of the Irish Transport and General Workers Union, a union founded by Larkin in 1908.