The second largest, the Irgun Zvai Leumi (IZL), was the underground group led by Menachem Begin that had spearheaded the Jewish revolt against the British during 1944-1947.
What does IZL stand for?
IZL stands for Irgun Zvai Leumi
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IZL
We have 2 other meanings of IZL in our Acronym Attic
- Internationales Zentralinstitut für das Jugend- und Bildungsfernsehen
- Iranian Zionists in Israel
- International Zen Institute of America and Europe
- Initiative Zukunft in Brand (German: Future Initiative in Fire; business association)
- Instytut Zarzadzania I MArketingu (Polish: Institute of Management and Marketing; Seidlce, Poland)
- Iedereen Zooo Jotje (band)
- International Zodiac Job System (version of Final Fantasy XII video game)
- Itihad Z Khemisset (Moroccan football club)
- Internationales Zentrum für Kulturen und Sprachen (German: International Centre for Cultures and Languages)
- International Zerkers League (gaming)
- Infrared Zoom Laser Illuminator Designator
- (Fraunhofer) Institut für Zuverlaessigkeit und Mikrointegration
- Incredible Zombie Machine (web game/simulation)
- Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo Mexico (airport)
- Izglitibas un zinatnes ministrija (Latvian Ministry of Education and Science)
- Iran Zinc Mines Development Company
- International Zeolite Membrane Meeting
- In Ze Navy (website)
- Informatikzentrum Niedersachsen (German)
- International Zoo News
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is also worth noting that Irgun Zvai Leumi commander -- and future Israeli Prime Minister - Menachem Begin rejected the partition plan because it did not give all of Palestine to the Zionists (3).
It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine.
Milk churns were used to house the bomb made by Irgun Zvai Leumi, terrorist outlaws led by Menachem Begin - who was safely hidden in his Tel Aviv den, 42 miles away from all the action, blood and anguish.
The underground organization was known as the Irgun Zvai Leumi (Hebrew for National Military Organization) and was headed by Israel's late Prime Minister Menachim Begin.
25) At the time, as you know, the Irgun Zvai Leumi and the Stern Group called a truce in their war against Great Britain.
The organizers were several young men who had come from Palestine to the United States to represent the Irgun Zvai Leumi, the armed offshoot in Palestine of the most nationalist of Jewish factions, Jabotinsky's Revisionists.
On the minus side, three Jewish terrorist groups, Haganha, the Stern Gang and Irgun Zvai Leumi, were causing death and destruction.