The Irbesartan Diabetic Nephropathy Trial compared the effects of an ARB (irbesartan), a calcium-channel blocker (amlodipine), and placebo in patients with diabetic nephropathy (14).
What does IDNT stand for?
IDNT stands for Irbesartan Diabetic Nephropathy Trial
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IDNT
We have 2 other meanings of IDNT in our Acronym Attic
- I Did Not Recall Correctly
- IEMA (Illinois Emergency Management Agency) Division of Nuclear Safety
- Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety
- Interior Designers of Nova Scotia (Canada)
- International Domain Name System
- Internet Domain Name System
- Irish Diabetes Nurse Specialist Association (National Council for the Professional Development of Nursing and Midwifery; Ireland, UK)
- I Didn't Know That
- Integrated Digital Network Technologies
- International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology (reference manual)
- I Didn't Need to Know That
- I Do Not Think So
- I Don't Need This Stuff
- Identification Number
- Indice Différentiel Normalisé de Végétation (French: Normalized Difference Vegetation Index)
- Input, Data Not Valid (NEC)
- Illawarra District Noxious Weeds Authority (Australia)
- Integrated Data Network Exchange
- Integrated Digital Network Exchange
- Internet Domain Name Index
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the Irbesartan Diabetic Nephropathy Trial (IDNT) doubling of serum creatinine, development of ESRD, or death from any cause, was reduced by 20% with irbesartan compared with placebo (p=0.
The Irbesartan Diabetic Nephropathy Trial demonstrated that for each doubling of baseline proteinuria level, the risk of progression to kidney failure (defined as doubling of baseline serum creatinine level, serum creatinine level of 530 [micro]mol/L [6.
The Irbesartan Diabetic Nephropathy Trial (IDNT) randomized 1,715 patients with diabetic nephropathy and hypertension to one of three arms: 300 mg/day irbesartan, 10 mg of the calcium channel blocker amlodipine per day, or placebo.