Iraqi Union of Journalists and Correspondents without Borders announced the release yesterday with a bail.
What does IUJ stand for?
IUJ stands for Iraqi Union of Journalists
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IUJ
We have 3 other meanings of IUJ in our Acronym Attic
- Indiana University Information Environment
- International University Institute for European Studies (Gorizia, Italy)
- International Union of Industrial and Independent Workers (Paramount, CA; labor union; est. 1997)
- Institut Universitaire International Luxembourg
- Internet Usage for Information Provisioning
- International Union of Immunological Societies
- International Union of Immunological Societies Primary Immunodeficiency Committee
- Irish Universities Information Services Colloquium (Ireland)
- Islamic University in Uganda
- International University of Japan
- International Union of Journeymen and Allied Trades
- International Union of Journeymen, Horseshoers and Allied Trades
- Instituto Universitario Jesus Obrero (Spanish: Jesus Obrero University Institute; Caracas, Venezuela)
- Independent Union of Journalists of Uzbekistan (human rights organization)
- Isa Uranium Joint Venture (drilling; Queensland, Australia)
- Ihi (Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries) Unyo Kikai (Japan)
- Inactive Urinary Kallikrein
- Indiana University Kokomo
- Information und Kommunikation (German: Information and Communication)
- Informations Und Kommunikationstechnik (German)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Much work remains to be done if journalists are to be protected, Al Lami said, pointing out that a draft law proposal to protect journalist's rights submitted by the Iraqi Union of Journalists a year ago is still under discussion at parliament.
In Baghdad, the head of the Iraqi Union of Journalists described al-Zeidi's action as "strange and unprofessional" but urged Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to give him clemency.
Muayad Al-Lami, the head of the Iraqi Union of Journalists, was the target of a murder attempt on 21 March in Baghdad.
Byline: AM/SR Baghdad, Apr 10, (VOI) a" The Iraqi Union of Journalists on Thursday held mourning ceremonies to mark the 40th day of the death of its former chief who died of wounds sustained from an attack by gunmen in central Baghdad.