Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- The Iraqi security forces arrested 17 terrorists in Salahuddin province North of the capital, Baghdad, a police source said on Saturday.
What does ISF stand for?
ISF stands for Iraqi Security Force
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ISF
We have 251 other meanings of ISF in our Acronym Attic
- International Ski Federation
- International Snowboarding Federation
- International Society of Financiers, Inc.
- International Softball Federation
- International Song Festival
- Interscholastic Surfing Federation (Carlsbad, CA)
- Interstitial Fluid
- Investigative Support & Forensics
- Investigator Site File
- Iowa State Fair
- Islamic Salvation Front
- Israeli Special Forces
- Idrettens Studieforbund I Akershus (Norwegian)
- Illinois Sport Fishing Awards
- Illinois Sports Facility Authority
- Illinois State Fabricare Association
- Illinois State Florists' Association
- Immigration Services for All, Inc. (Canada)
- In So Far As
- Independent Schools Football Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
7 million request to sustain US military trainers in Iraq, after Congress failed to authorize funding for Iraqi Security Forces Fund in the short-term spending measure it passed last month.
A maximum of 763 civilian contractors and 157 US military personnel will train Iraqi security forces - Iraq (OSC-I), which falls under US embassy authority, Lieutenant Colonel Tom Hanson, director of strategic communications for OSC-I, told AFP.
Byline: Iraqi security forces have arrested more than 100 suspects in raids through Mosul, a commander said Saturday.
Clearly, the Iraqi security forces are playing the major role in security for the area.
Our presence in Basra city was a motivating factor for a large proportion of the violence in Basra and the decision to withdraw UK forces allowed the Iraqi security forces to develop lasting solutions to the security challenges in Basra.
Having grown considerably in size and capacity, Iraqi security Forces (ISF) have slowly but steadily assumed more responsibility for security tasks.
The US military has said Iraqi security forces will take the lead in Mosul, a major test of Washington's plan to shrink the American force and leave it as backup for Iraqi security forces.