The deputy chairman of the Council, Sdoun Obeid al-Shlan told the reporter of the National Iraqi News Agency / NINA / today that "accurate intelligence enabled the Iraqi police forces to arrest 15 elements of the al-Qaeda in the Al-Jazeera and Khalidiya, west of Fallujah, were trying to penetrate the sit-ins.
What does IPF stand for?
IPF stands for Iraqi Police Force
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IPF
We have 164 other meanings of IPF in our Acronym Attic
- International Policy Fellowship
- International Powerlifting Federation
- International Press Federation
- International Priority Freight (commerical carriage modality; FedEx)
- International Protection Force
- Internet Protocol Filter (NetBSD Firewall System)
- Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Invalid Page Fault
- Investment Property Fund
- Ionic Packing Factor
- Iron Pin Found (surveying)
- Iron Pipe Found
- Isotope Production Facility
- Itanium Processor Family (Intel)
- Iterative Proportional Fitting
- Inpatient Psychiatric Prospective Payment System (US DHHS)
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and Usual Interstitial Pneumonia
- Insulin Promoter Factor 1
- Illinois Professional Firefighters Association
- India Prayer & Fellowship Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
200 million for training Iraqi police wasted, US report BAGHDAD/ Aswat al-Iraq: US General Inspector said in his report that about $200 million to train Iraqi police forces were wasted.
On the other hand, an Iraqi police force raided and searched the town of Al-Wehda, leading to the arrest of Falah Hamoudi Marzouq, the so-called "minister of finance of the Islamic state of Iraq," the source added, pointing out that the detainee had a previous post of "military amir" for Haditha town in Anbar district, and Biji town in Salah Al-Din district.
Additionally, the company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Iraqi Police Force for a total of 143 'trained and certified' explosives detection dogs.
A number of armed groups have continued to target local and provincial government in Anbar in recent months, particularly after the Iraqi police force took responsibility for the whole province.
The issues that Nichols and his men from Charlie company face are manifold -- poverty, unemployment, drought, poor education, crime, lack of government funding and an Iraqi police force that is still learning the ropes interweave with complex tribal rivalries that can make equitable solutions hard to find.
Lieutenant Colonel Chris Hughes, a marine corps spokesman in Anbar, said the number of US troops there had dropped from 37,000 in February to 25,000, and the Iraqi police force had grown to 28,000, from 5,000 three years ago.
It should be noted that Iran has also exported some sedans to Iraq last year, most of which are now enjoyed and used by Iraqi police forces.