request of the Iraqi Interim Government under the provisions of UN Security
What does IIG stand for?
IIG stands for Iraqi Interim Government
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IIG
We have 67 other meanings of IIG in our Acronym Attic
- Interreligious and International Federation For World Peace (now Universal Peace Federation)
- If It Fits Your Macros (dieting)
- Immo Industry Group (Belgium)
- In Ieder Geval (Dutch: Anyway)
- Inactive Ingredient Guide
- Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (Navi Mumbai, India)
- Infinity Incentive Group (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Instantaneous Inverse Gain
- International Insurance Group
- International Internet Gateway
- Interim Islamic Government of Afghanistan
- International Institute of Gaming Animation (Mumbai, India)
- International Internet Gaming Association
- International Island Games Association
- Institute for Integrative Genome Biology (University of California, Riverside)
- Institute of Genetics and Biophysics (Italy)
- If I Googled Correctly
- International Imaging Genetics Conference (University of California, Irvine)
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change
- Insulin-Independent Glucose Disposal
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was appointed Foreign Minister of Iraq in 2003 by the Iraqi Governing Council and held the post for the Iraqi Interim Government, Iraqi Transitional Government and the first permanent government.
The text focuses on the period of the existence of the Iraqi Interim Government, from the June 2004 "handover of sovereignty" to the selection of the Iraqi Transitional Government in May 2005 and contains chapters that discuss political failures of planning, occupational authority attempts to develop intelligence, the work of training the Iraqi Security Forces, the role of elections in bringing about a government that occupation forces hoped would be seen as legitimate by Iraqis, and the lack of strategic thinking concerning the opportunities opened up by elections and the new government.
While the BCT and division staffs helped the Red Dragons with funding, 3-82 FA developed many fruitful personal relationships with USAID; reconstruction officials from the Iraqi Interim Government (IIG); foreign embassies, such as Japan and Spain; and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), such as JumpStart International and the United Iraqi Medical Society.
The end result has been that many Coalition and Iraqi Interim Government tactical victories produce a costly political and military backlash.
The Iraqi interim government is pushing to get the trials for Saddam's former lieutenants under way before the January 30 national elections.
We have made the requests to the Interior Ministry'' of the Iraqi interim government, he said.
Although the Iraqi interim government have taken legal custody of Saddam and his aides, US forces have been holding them until Iraqis are ready to take control.