I know the Iraq Historic Allegations Team is under pressure to bring its difficult work to a conclusion but any decision on prosecution must be taken by the independent Director of Service Prosecutions without regard to external pressures.
What does IHAT stand for?
IHAT stands for Iraq Historic Allegations Team (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHAT
We have 2 other meanings of IHAT in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Head Agricultural Research Foundation (Canada)
- I Hear America Singing (Walt Whitman poem)
- Independent Healthcare Advisory Services (UK)
- Integrated Hazard Awareness System
- Integrated Helicopter Avionics System
- Integrated Helmet Assembly Subsystem
- Interagency Homeland Air Security (Department of Defense, Joint Staff)
- Integrated Hardware in the Loop Avionics Test
- Intelligent Human Assistive Technology (trademark of Achinoetics, LLC)
- Interpersonal Hostility Assessment Technique
- International Hide & Allied Trades Improvement Society
- Integrated Holistic Approach Urban Development Project (Ethiopia)
- Illinois Heart and Vascular (cardiology)
- Inactivated Hepatitis A Vaccine
- International Hate and Violence Education Foundation
- In-Home Audiovideo Specialist (Bodley & Associates, Inc.)
- I Have A Warlord
- Improved Homing All the Way Killer
- I Hate Boys
- In Het Bijzonder (Dutch)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These matters are either under thorough investigation or have been dealt with through various means including through the Iraq Historic Allegations Team, independent public inquiries, the UK and European courts and in Parliament", a spokeswoman said.
The decision was a blow to the set-up of Defence Secretary Philip Hammond's Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT), which is currently conducting the inquiry.
G4S' subsidiary - G4S Policing Solutions - which provided 40 former police officers to the Iraq Historic Allegations Team, had lost the contract it held for two years, the Sunday Telegraph said.
Investigators with the Iraq Historic Allegations Team have already identified more than 100 serving and former members of the armed forces who they want to interview about the alleged torture of Iraqi 8civilians.
Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT) had been established to look into the
The Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT) started taking statements last month from the first of more than 150 Iraqis who claimed they suffered ill-treatment at the hands of UK forces after the overthrow of Saddam Hussein in 2003.
The MoD takes all allegations seriously and has already set up the dedicated Iraq Historic Allegations Team (Ihat) to investigate them," it said in a statement.