In addition, the system supports a range of SONET line cards that use the Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol (IFMP) and the General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) to obtain "fabric-direct" connections to the dual IP Switch 6400 switch fabrics.
What does IFMP stand for?
IFMP stands for Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IFMP
We have 29 other meanings of IFMP in our Acronym Attic
- Istanbul Film Musics Orchestra (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Integral Field Multi Object Spectrograph
- Integrated Freedom Movement Organisation of Tripura (formerly National Liberation Front of Tripura; India)
- Indiana Federation of Mothers of Twins Club (est. 1958)
- Integrated Financial Management Program (NASA)
- Integrated Fire Management Plan (Australia)
- Integrated Flight Management Program
- Integrated Fuel Management Panel (KC-135 Stratotanker)
- Integration Financial Management Project
- International Federation for Medical Psychotherapy
- Institutional Facility Management Program Office
- Integrated Farm Management Program Option
- In Flight Missile Repair
- Institute for Financial Management and Research (Madras, India)
- Institute for Management Research
- International Federation of Manrags
- International Federation of Mouse Resources
- International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
- International Foundation for Music Research
- Interagency Floodplain Management Review Committee (US)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1)IFMP Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol, TDP: Tag Distribution Protocol, NHRP: Next Hop Routing Protocol.
Through the interaction of two simple protocols -- the General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP, IETF RFC 1987) and the Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol (IFMP, IETF RFC 1953, 1954) -- hosts and switches in an IP Switched network freely communicate and cooperate, resulting in a fully interoperable network architecture.
Under the terms of the agreement, the companies will jointly develop and implement Ipsilon's Generic Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) on Digital's GIGAswitch/ATM switch and will incorporate the Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol (IFMP) in Digital's servers and LAN switches.
The SunATM SBus adapter software enhancement will implement the Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol (IFMP), enabling Sun servers and workstations equipped with the interface cards to participate in the flow-classification procedures that allow IP Switches to choose between dynamic store-and-forward and cut-through switching based on traffic characteristics.