The selectivity and ion-exchange capacity of these materials toward metals ions can be controlled by pH of the medium, contact time, temperature, adsorbent dose, agitation speed, etc.
What does IEC stand for?
IEC stands for Ion-Exchange Capacity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IEC
We have 365 other meanings of IEC in our Acronym Attic
- International Eucharistic Congress (Ireland)
- International Evangelical Church
- International Exchange Commission
- International Executive Committee
- International Extension College
- Internet Empowered Consumer
- Interoperability Executive Customer Council (Microsoft)
- Interstate Electronics Corporation
- Intestinal Epithelial Cell
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
- Iowa Egg Council (est. 1973; Urbandale, IA)
- Iowa Events Center (Des Moines, IA)
- ISDN Echo Canceler
- Isipingo Environment Committee (South Africa)
- Islamic Educational Center
- Israel Electric Company
- Israel Emergency Campaign
- Item Entry Control
- Intestinal Epithelial Cell Line 6
- Independent Educational Consultants Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Key to the process is the seaweed's ion-exchange capacity.
The ion-exchange capacity of the resin is the moles of--[S0.