Welcoming the development, EU Trade Spokesman John Clancy said: The protection of investment and the availability of Investor-State Dispute settlement mechanisms play a key role in attracting investors and encouraging economic growth.
What does ISD stand for?
ISD stands for Investor-State Dispute (international arbitration)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ISD
We have 320 other meanings of ISD in our Acronym Attic
- International Systems Development
- Internet Security Device
- Internet Software Design
- Interoperability and Standardization Director
- Intersite Delivering
- Intersystem Designation
- Intradiscal Stabilization Device
- Intrinsic Sphincter Deficiency
- Investment Services Directive (Europe)
- Investor Services Department (Housing Development Fund Corporation)
- Ion Stimulated Desorption
- Iowa School for the Deaf
- Islamic Society of Denton (Texas)
- Issaquah School District (Washington)
- Issuer Security Domain
- Isuzu Sales Deutschland GmbH (Germany)
- Itakura-Saito Distortion
- Integrated Services Digital/Tie Trunk
- Independent School District 191 (Burnsville, MN)
- Independent School District 196 (Saint Paul, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
First, these treaties usually include a provision that allows foreign investors to sue governments for alleged violations, commonly referred to as investor-state dispute settlement (investors can sue states directly).
She has particular expertise in disputes involving the energy and construction sectors - as well as joint ventures and long-term cooperation agreements, purchase price adjustment and other post acquisition disputes and investor-state disputes.
Washington-based ICSID is the leading international arbitration institution devoted to investor-state dispute settlement.
A further qualification was made on the investor-state dispute process, with the Minister reported as saying: We continue to have serious reservations about the inclusion of investor-state dispute settlement provisions .
Latest Developments in Investor-State Dispute Settlement.
Among their topics are arbitrator integrity and investor-state disputes, arbitrator bias in countries with no or reduced arbitration tradition, tactics and pitfalls in presenting evidence and legal issues relating to damages, whether arbitration is a service to business or to the legal profession, the benefits and obstacles of investor-state dispute mediation, and whether model arbitration-mediation clauses will be included in the next generation of dispute resolution clause drafting.
If Chapter 11 investor-state dispute settlement were deemed unconstitutional, would it follow that Canada would have to abrogate NAFTA?