The award has been established by CODE, a Canadian charitable organization that supports literacy and learning, along with philanthropist William Burt and the Literary Prizes Foundation and CODE's partners - the Assembly of First Nations, Metis National Council, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, National Association of Friendship Centres, Association of Canadian Publishers, and the Canada Council for the Arts.
What does ITK stand for?
ITK stands for Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (National Canadian Inuit Organization)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ITK
We have 28 other meanings of ITK in our Acronym Attic
- Idegennyelvi Továbbképzo Központ
- In The Know
- Individual Tool Kit
- Informasjonsteknologikomitéen ved Studentersamfundet i Trondhjem (Dutch)
- Informations- und TeleKommunikationsbranche (Germany)
- Initial Transaction Key
- Instrument Time Key (Infrared Space Observatory)
- Integrated ToolKit
- Interaktiivinen Tekniikka Koulutuksessa (Finnish: Interactive Technology in Education)
- Internationally Trained Kinesiologist
- Iota Tau Kappa (fraternity)
- Imbuhan Tetap Khidmat Awam (Malay: Permanent Public Service Remuneration)
- International Traditional Karate Association (Chicago, IL)
- It-Komiteen Access Control List (Studentersamfundet i Trondhjem, Norway)
- International Traditional Karate Federation
- International Telecommunications Know How SA (Luxembourg)
- International Traditional Kodokan Judo
- Ilmatorjuntakonekivääri (Finnish, anti-aircraft machine gun)
- In the Know Traveler (travel website)
- Imaginative Technologies Ltd. (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The settlement agreement was signed by the Assembly of First Nations and the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami.
Honorary Doctors of Law degrees were bestowed upon former prime minister Paul Martin and former Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami head Mary May Simon by the University of Alberta during its June convocations.
As Mary Simon, president of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, Canada's national Inuit organization, has said, sovereignty begins at home.
One newspaper correspondent reports on a national planning conference held in Ottawa involving Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (the national Inuit organization representing the Inuit regions of Nunavut, Nunavik, Nunatsiavut and the Inuvialuit Settlement Region), the University of Calgary's Centre for Military and Strategic Studies, and the Canadian Arctic Resources Committee.
Mary Simon, president of the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, and the national leader of Inuit in Canada, said the ban was based on "groundless accusations influenced by animal rights propaganda campaigns.
the Senate met in Committee of the Whole to hear from Phil Fontaine, National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations, Patrick Brazeau, National Chief of the Congress of Aboriginal Peoples, Mary Simon, President of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, and Clem Chattier, President of the Metis National Council, on the subject of the government's apology to former students in Indian residential schools.
A visual presentation prepared by Robin Anawak, environmental researcher for the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK), Canada's National Inuit Organization, gave the audience a glimpse of how climate change impacts the Inuit.