As vice-president of the Inuit Circumpolar Council she was the leading legal policy advisor and negotiator on international, environmental and natural resource issues.
What does ICC stand for?
ICC stands for Inuit Circumpolar Council (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICC
We have 1147 other meanings of ICC in our Acronym Attic
- Interstate Coin Club
- Interstate Commerce Commission (US)
- Interstitial Cell of Cajal
- Intra Cluster Communication
- Intra-Class Correlation (organizational research)
- Intraatomic Correlation Correction
- Intraclass Correlation Coefficient (measurement reliability)
- Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
- Introduction to Child Care (course; various organizations)
- Inuit Circumpolar Conference
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- Inventory Control Center/Code
- Invercargill City Council (New Zealand)
- Inverter Converter Controller
- Iowa Cancer Consortium (est. 2001; formerly Iowa Cancer Comprehensive Cancer Control)
- Iran Carpet Company
- Iranian Cinema Channel
- Ireland Cancer Center (Cleveland, OH)
- Irish Chamber of Commerce (various locations)
- ISDN Communication Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
Greenlander Sara Olsvig, an anthropologist and a member of the Inuit Circumpolar Council, who specialises in human-rights Issues, is at the sharp end of the debate about the region's industrial development.
I'm grateful for her comments and I hope it encourages Canada to be more inclusive, or at the very least to consider inviting northern inhabitants at meetings such as this," Duane Smith, head of the Canadian branch of the Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC), told AFP.
Duane Smith, head of the Canadian branch of the Inuit Circumpolar Council, which lobbies for the interests of northern peoples, said his group asked to join the talks, but was rebuffed.
Miltenberger denounced the controversial remarks made to the CBC by Alaska-based chairman of the Inuit Circumpolar Council Jimmy Stotts.
He was the former president and chief executive of the Inuit Circumpolar Council, president of Kawerak Inc.
All Inuit from Russia, Alaska, Canada, and Greenland are standing in solidarity against the EU on this," said Ford, vice-president of international affairs at the Inuit Circumpolar Council in Canada.
According to Duane Smith, president of Inuit Circumpolar Council (Canada), "people in Europe are shown photographs of seals being harvested in the wild and recoil in shock at the images, and send what can only be described as 'guilt money' to animal rights groups.