3] Intravenous urogram has been suggested as an option;[sup.
What does IVU stand for?
IVU stands for Intravenous Urogram (radiology)
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of IVU
We have 8 other meanings of IVU in our Acronym Attic
- International Voice Traffic Transit Services
- Intelligence Volunteer Training Unit
- Isla Vista Tenants Union (California)
- In Vitro Translated Vitamin D Receptor
- Gesellschaft für Informatik, Verkehr und Umwelt Mbh (now IVU Traffic Technologies AG)
- In-Vehicle Unit
- Infezione Alle Vie Urinarie (Italian: Urinary Tract Infection)
- Integrierte Vermeidung und Verminderung der Umweltverschmutzung (German: Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control)
- International Vegetarian Union
- International Volunteers in Urology
- International Ventilator Users Network
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Integrated Voice User Terminal
- In Vino Veritas (Latin: In Wine There Is Truth)
- Independent Verification and Validation
- Inertial Vertical Velocity
- Institut Viti-Vinicole (Luxembourg wine regulating body)
- Instituto da Vinha e do Vinho (Portugal)
- Internationale Vereinigung der Vermessungsingenieure
- Internationaler Volkssportverband (German: International Federation of Popular Sports)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Intravenous urogram (IVU) and DTPA renogram revealed a non-functioning left kidney.
Intravenous urogram showed a distal right ureteric calculus.
Can ultrasound replace the intravenous urogram in preliminary investigation of renal tract disease?
A host of radiologic studies can show bladder calculi, including CT, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, and intravenous urogram, but contrast-enhanced CT is the test of choice because of its remarkable sensitivity in detecting urinary tract stones, including those composed of uric acid.
Enhanced spiral CT scanning is now considered superior to intravenous urograms or ultrasound for the detection of urinary stones and perirenal infections.
Secondary evidence of a mullerian duct cyst can be noted on a voiding cystourethrogram or an intravenous urogram, manifesting as an impression along the posterior wall of the bladder.