Three CT scans and an intravenous pyelography were done, after which a renal stone occupying the lower calyx was identified.
What does IVP stand for?
IVP stands for Intravenous Pyelography
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVP
We have 71 other meanings of IVP in our Acronym Attic
- Interactive Video Production (New Jersey)
- Interactive Voice Protocol
- Internal Vice President
- International Visiting Professor (various schools)
- International Visits Program (US DoD)
- International Volunteers for Peace
- Internet Video Phone
- Intervoice Voice Portal
- Intravenous Push
- Intravenous Pyelogram
- Ipion Virtual Physics
- Italian Village Pizza
- Icicle Valley Protection Alliance (Leavenworth, WA)
- Illinois Violence Prevention Authority
- Independent Video Programmers Association
- Indian Vanaspati Producers Association (India)
- Indonesia Veterinary Pathology Association
- International Venture Philanthropist Award
- International Venture Philanthropy Award
- International Virtual Pilots Associations
Samples in periodicals archive:
Patients were prospectively evaluated in terms of urinary symptomatology, physical examination, smoking habits, intravenous pyelography (IVP), abdominal ultrasonography (USG), Nuclear Matrix Protein 22 (NMP22), urine cytology and NMP22 BladderChek[R] test.
Intravenous pyelography showed a pelvic functioning kidney.
These studies include intravenous pyelography, computerized tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasonography.
Upper urinary tract disease was assessed with CT and/or intravenous pyelography and/or retrograde pyelography.
Angiography, renal scintigraphy, intravenous pyelography, ultrasonography, and enhanced CT may be useful in diagnosing acute renal infarction ante mortem.
 With significant azotemia, CT must be done without contrast medium, and intravenous pyelography (IVP) using contrast medium is contraindicated.