McDonald, this is a key finding because intramuscular fat is associated with glucose intolerance, a complication affecting nearly two-thirds of individuals with chronic SCI.
What does IMF stand for?
IMF stands for Intramuscular Fat
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IMF
We have 185 other meanings of IMF in our Acronym Attic
- International Marketing Federation
- International Metalworkers' Federation
- International Migration Flow
- International Monetary Fund (United Nations)
- International Mozarteum Foundation (Austria)
- International Music Feed (est. 2005; music channel)
- International Myeloma Foundation
- International Myomassethics Federation
- Interplanetary Magnetic Field
- Intra Molecular Friction
- Intrinsic Mode Function (signal processing)
- Inventory Master File
- Investment Management Fee (various organizations)
- Iraq Memory Foundation
- Irish Medicines Formulary
- Irrigation Maintenance Fund (India)
- Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986
- Indian Modelling and Film Academy (India)
- Indirect Method of Fluorescent Antibodies
- International Molded Fibre Association (formerly IMEPEA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Consumers tend to prefer meat of low intramuscular fat content to other ones with higher fat of even better palatability (Hollo et al.
When animals are transported, they will use or mobilize intramuscular fat very quickly for fast sources of energy," Vann says.
Magnetic resonance imaging assessed visceral, liver and intramuscular fat (the so-called high-risk fat) over time, and the authors conclude that regular physical activity seems to be an important factor in preventing high-risk fat accumulating, even after controlling for genes and childhood environment.
Previous research has shown that feeding cull cows a concentrate diet will increase hot carcass weights (HCW), longissimus muscle area, intramuscular fat (IMF), subcutaneous fat, and fat-free soft tissue (Wooten et al.
The purpose of this paper was to compare the muscle volume, intramuscular fat infiltration, and strength of individual muscle groups of the thigh, and muscle endurance of the quadriceps in people with COPD and restrictive lung disease who were recipients of lung transplants (lung transplant group) to those who had not undergone lung transplant (COPD group).
We're trying to introduce more invisible intramuscular fat to underpin the premium offer.
He pointed to a study showing that even modest weight loss (less than 10% of the patient's initial body weight) can reduce intrahepatic fat while leaving intramuscular fat unchanged.