Treatment with the glucose-lowering drug was associated with a nearly 60% reduction in the risk of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC) among diabetes patients in one study presented at Digestive Disease Week 2012, while it was associated with a dose-dependant reduction of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) risk of about 7% annually in the second study.
What does ICC stand for?
ICC stands for Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ICC
We have 1147 other meanings of ICC in our Acronym Attic
- Interoperability Certification Committee
- Intersegmental Coordinating Committee
- Intersite Communications Component
- Interstate Coin Club
- Interstate Commerce Commission (US)
- Interstitial Cell of Cajal
- Intra Cluster Communication
- Intra-Class Correlation (organizational research)
- Intraatomic Correlation Correction
- Intraclass Correlation Coefficient (measurement reliability)
- Introduction to Child Care (course; various organizations)
- Inuit Circumpolar Conference
- Inuit Circumpolar Council (various locations)
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- Inventory Control Center/Code
- Invercargill City Council (New Zealand)
- Inverter Converter Controller
- Iowa Cancer Consortium (est. 2001; formerly Iowa Cancer Comprehensive Cancer Control)
- Iran Carpet Company
- Iranian Cinema Channel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC), the second most common type of liver cancer, is associated with primary sclerosing cholangitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
The role of microRNA expression pattern in human intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma - tumours found in the bile ducts - is now the most common form of liver cancer in the two countries.
In addition, there are several entirely new classifications: * gastrointestinal carcinoids (neuroendocrine tumours) * gastrointestinal stromal tumour * upper aerodigestive mucosal melanoma * Merkel cell carcinoma * uterine sarcomas * intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma * adrenal cortical carcinoma.
of patients Absent Present ICC 10 6/10 4/10 Klatskin tumor 6 3/6 3/6 Ampulla of Vater 1 1/1 - Main hepatic bile duct 1 - 1/1 GBC 6 - 6/6 Abbreviations: GBC, gallbladder carcinoma; HCV, hepatitis C virus; ICC: intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
Several new risk factors for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma have been established in U.
Precancerous lesions of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.