Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET) IF YOU have been suffering from low back disc pain for more than six months without any relief from exercises, medication and corticosteroid injections, it's time to talk to your doctor about IDET.
What does IDET stand for?
IDET stands for Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IDET
We have 1 other meaning of IDET in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Development, Environment and Strategic Studies (North South University; Bangladesh)
- International Development and Environmental Shipping School (Philippines)
- Inspectorate for Diving Equipment Servicing and Testing (SCUBA; UK)
- Institut pour le Développement de l'Enseignement Supérieur Francophone (French: Institute for the Development of Francophone Higher Education)
- Innovazione Diagnostica e Terapeutica (Italian: Innovation Diagnostics and Therapeutics)
- Instituto Para el Desarrollo de la Educación Teológica (Spanish: Institute for the Development of Theological Education; Peru)
- Integrated Digital Environment Transition
- International Workshop on Interactive Digital Entertainment Technologies (est. 2008)
- Intra-Discal Electrothermal Therapy
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Annuloplasty
- Inter-Departmental Emergency Task Force (Australia)
- Indiana Department of Employment and Training Services (Indianapolis, IN)
- Infectious Diseases Epidemiology Unit (UK; University of London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine)
- International Development
- Improved Differential Energy Watermarking (image and video encoding)
- Interdisciplinary Service for Well-Being
- Integrated Data Environment Executive Steering Group
- Imagery Data Exploitation System
- Imagery Digital Exploitation (system)
- Indian Network for Development Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
Evidence for the use of injections (eg, corticosteroid, botulinum toxin), prolotherapy, intradiscal electrothermal therapy, and radiofrequency denervation as intervention is presented and two recommendations are made.
It includes discussion of gene therapy, tissue engineering, intradiscal electrothermal therapy and radiofrequency nuclear decompression nucleoplasty.
Treatment is less invasive ORTHOPAEDIC consultant Nilam Shergill from Coventry and Warwickshire Hospital is one of just 20 specialists in the country to practice the technique, called IDET, intradiscal electrothermal therapy.
ORATEC markets two minimally invasive systems: the Vulcan(TM) ElectroThermal Arthroscopy System to treat joint disorders; and the SpineCATH(TM) IntraDiscal ElectroThermal Therapy (IDET(TM)) System to treat chronic low back pain associated with contained herniated discs.
9 million in the prior year, reflecting the challenging payor reimbursement environment for ORATEC's spine technology, the proprietary SpineCATH IntraDiscal ElectroThermal Therapy (IDET(TM)) system.
The company believes that the publication of two year data is important to the acceptance of ORATEC's SpineCATH IntraDiscal ElectroThermal Therapy (IDET(TM)) system by managed care payors for insurance coverage.
8 million in the third quarter of 2001, reflecting seasonality and the challenging payor reimbursement environment for ORATEC's spine technology, the proprietary SpineCATH IntraDiscal ElectroThermal Therapy (IDET(TM)) system.